Steve brings over 20 years of bare-knuckle, bootstrapping experience as a journey entrepreneur. In 1994, Steve was a cofounder of FG SQUARED, a pioneering agency of the modern Internet. Over the course of its journey, Steve led FG SQUARED through two national recessions and went on to pioneer three additional industries — Social Business (2006), Coworking (2008), and Meaning (2013).
Through the experience of it all, Steve developed a deep appreciation for Austin’s creative spirit and the lessons it teaches us every day. In 2015, he rebooted his mind, and today he focuses on building a trusted advisor practice for journey entrepreneurs who are growing or rethinking their business and open to running new experiments. His gift is holding space for himself and others to practice stewardship as they develop plans and process issues together in real time.
GoLab is where Steve goes to work to find the fullest expression of himself. He views every day as a series of practices to serve his highest intentions. Currently this includes:
- Exercising self responsibility and discernment when making choices.
- Getting clear on one’s long term plan and building greater perspective before getting over-invested in any single idea.
- Connecting people who can help each other grow.
- Creating predictable revenue and cash flow.
- Clearly articulating what one wants and needs, and then standing by it.
- Keeping an open mind when considering wants and needs presented by others.
Along his life journey, Steve has noticed that other fellow journeyers come into his life, leave, and come back again—in some cases, many times over. And it has become important to have whole, meaningful interactions at each juncture.